Attractions: River views, orchards, a road ride with good shoulders, good training ride.
Distance: About 15 miles roundtrip
Elevation Gain: About 100 feet
Skill: 1 (beginner)
Fitness: 1 (easy)
Access: Start from anywhere along the Loop Trail. See Our Loop Trail Instructions and map for access info.
- Follow the Loop Trail to the eastern end of the pedestrian bridge (SE corner of the Loop Trail).
- Follow the paved bicycle trail south (away from the Loop) for roughly .4 mile to Top Foods/ Fred Meyer shopping center, and then ride south and east along the scenic bike trail for about 1.75 miles to Hydro Park. The bike trail ends here.
- Ride southeast along the park roads and then follow Highway 28 southeast (downriver) along good shoulders for about 3 miles. (Alternately: immediately after getting on Highway 28, turn left on Lyle Street and climb uphill to Rock Island Road where you’ll turn right, ride 2 miles, reconnect with Highway 28, and follow the highway for 1 mile)
- Turn left on Rock Island Drive and follow this for a little over 2 miles into the small town of Rock Island.
- Retrace this route back to the starting point.
Recommended Season: Good anytime of the year. In summer ride it in the early morning or early evening.
Uses Allowed: Paved roads.
- USGS 7.5-minute quads: Wenatchee and Rock Island
- The map on this site illustrates a longer loop that follows Battermann Rd. Follow the map to Rock Island, then turn around for a shorter ride.
Trip Reporter: Andy Dappen, July 2005
Leave It Better than You Found It. This should be every user’s goal. Pick up trash left by others, pull noxious weeds along your route, throw branches over unwanted spur trails, etc.
Disclaimer. Treat this information as recommendations, not gospel. Conditions change and those contributing these reports are volunteers–they may make mistakes or not know all the issues affecting a route. You are responsible for yourself, your actions, and your safety. If you won’t accept that responsibility, you are prohibited from using our information.