- This event has passed.
Outdoor Skills & Ethics Workshop
May 23, 2018 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Location: Wenatchee Valley College-Grove Recital Hall-MAC
The Subaru/Leave no Trace Traveling Trainers will be presenting an interactive, hands-on workshop teaching participants to minimize impacts when recreating outdoors. Attendees will learn:
- How to prepare for your outdoor adventure to minimize risk impact.
- The three methods of pooping in the outdoors, why trash should be packed out, and what to do with dirty dishwater.
- How to build a Leave No Trace campfire to prevent harming ecosystems.
- Where to set up camp and the right way to hike on and off trails.
- Why leaving your mark is overrated and how to avoid spreading invasive species.
- The best ways to interact with wildlife on trails, at camp, or your local park.
- Trail etiquette and how to prevent user conflicts.
- Effective communication tools for “less than leave no trace” moments.
Questions-contact Ariahna Jones, email@example.com (509) 682-6770