The application for The Mission Ridge Expansion ( missionridge.com/expansion ) has been officially submitted to Chelan County. The county is accepting public comments until October 19th. The video above details the expansion proposed. Below are key points that Mission Ridge has highlighted about this project:
- The existing Mission Ridge Ski and Board Report has been a part of the Wenatchee Valley Community for over 50 years. The Mission Ridge Expansion will provide new recreational opportunities for local and visiting outdoor enthusiasts that the current resort is unable to offer due to site limitations. This includes:
- Improved access and terrain for beginning skiers
- Nordic skiing and snowshoe trails
- Overnight accommodations including a lodge and up to 873 new condominiums, townhomes, duplexes, and single family detached homes
- Non-skiing activities to engage the whole family, such as hiking and biking trails
- Commercial uses such as shops, restaurants, and entertainment for the entire family
- Of the 502 acres, 72% will be left as open space; reports have been provided to the county to show that any adverse impacts to the environment are adequately mitigated.
- The Mission Ridge Expansion Master Plan Resort meets all the general requirements as outlined in Chelan County Code 11.89.040 for a Master Planned Resort.
For additional information on this project please visit the project website: www.missionridge.com/expansion
Contact: email@example.com or Mission Ridge General Manager at 509-888-9402
Comments and letters can be submitted here:
Chelan County Public Review and Comment Period: PUBLIC COMMENT ON THIS PROPOSAL IS ENCOURAGED, and no action will be taken on the project until the Agency comment period ends on October 19, 2018. Agencies, tribes, and the public are encouraged to review and comment on the proposed project. Public comments will be accepted at any time prior to the close of the public record on project permits. Chelan County welcomes written public comment on all proposed land use actions.
Comments must include your name, current address, original signature, and should be as specific as possible. All persons have the right to receive notice, participate in any hearings, request a copy of the final decision and appeal the decision as provided by law. Written comments must be submitted to the Department of Community Development, 316 Washington St., Suite 301 Wenatchee, WA 98801; Attention: Lilith Vespier or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to review application materials.